18, October 2021
Paxton Wines - Tourism Industry Development Fund Recipient
The South Australian Government recognises the significant impact that COVID-19 has had on the tourism sector across regional South Australia. To support and stimulate private sector investment in new or improved regional accommodation, and the development of quality tourism products and experiences, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) established the Tourism Industry Development Fund (TIDF).
The latest round of grants for the Fund have been released, with nine new projects awarded grants to a total of more than $1.8 million. Congratulations to Paxton Wines who have secured funding to help with the refurbishment and upgrade of their cellar door to increase capacity to allow for educational wine tasting experiences.
A total of 80 regional tourism development projects have been granted funding under the Tourism Industry Development Fund (as at 17 October 2021) including the following projects in McLaren Vale:
- Oliver’s Taranga Vineyards – cellar door and wine education hub.
- The Vineyard Retreat, McLaren Vale – renovation of existing guesthouse to luxury accommodation catering to those with accessibility requirements.
- Adelaide Biplanes – Upgrades of 1940 De Havilland Tiger Moth plane and 2004 American Champion Super Decathlon plane for scenic flights, and paintwork upgrade on company vehicle
- Hastwell & Lightfoot - upgrade of an existing cellar door to expand capacity.
- Haselgrove Wines -development of a new rooftop cellar door and interactive wine experiences.
- Star of Greece - expansion and improvements to the kiosk, kitchen and toilet facilities.
The completion of these projects will contribute towards regional tourism, growing the visitor economy and creating local jobs.